Tuesday, December 23, 2008

SheepWorld

As a Derbyshire boy born-and-bred, there was of course no way I could pass up on a visit to the superbly named SheepWorld. This included a show on dog handling and sheep shearing. Imagine my delight when I was invited up to have a go at shearing! I don't remember whether the sheep had a name (I know, I'm a disgrace) but I'm sure we developed an instant understanding, as only man and sheep can, and will look back fondly on that fleeting encounter for years to come...

(I might as well get the cheap jokes out of the way rather than leave them up to you lot!)

3 comments:

John Pascoe said...

Sheep eh? I know how lonely it can get on a solo round-the-world trip, so I'm not going to judge you. I just hope you you let it down gently when you told it that you wouldn't be staying in NZ permanently. And when you told it that you'd be eating it for dinner.

John Pascoe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John Pascoe said...

Sorry to bang on about the sheep mate, but I just heard this joke from a Kiwi guy at work. I promise that this'll be the last time I make smutty innuendo regarding your relations with animals!

A tourist is driving round New Zealand when he spots a local farmer in a field, having his filthy way with a sheep. The tourist stops his car, gets out, and shouts to the farmer, "You should be shearing that sheep." And the farmer shouts back, "F*** off mate, I'm not shearing this with anyone!"

See? It works on so many levels, well, two actually, bestiality and bad English. And you don't get much more Kiwi than that.